Monday September 22, 2014
- Attention all runners on the cross country team. There is a practice run today at 1st break. Grades 6, 7, and 8, please check in with Mr. McLean at 10:35 and start your run. Grades 4 and 5, check in with Ms. Duits and Ms. Tiessinga at 10:55 when you go outside. Remember that you need to participate in most or all practices to stay on the team. In the wise words of Mr. Brooks – either you ran today or you didn’t.
- Tomorrow is your last chance to bring in Terry Fox donations. Tomorrow’s run will be held from 2-2:40 in the last block. Teachers…please find a route map in your mailboxes later today, as well as an email outlining the details to go over with your class.
- Just a reminder that Peace Promoters start today. Please check the purple schedule that has been posted in your classroom. Peace Promoters, you are to go to Ms. Wakelin’s Grade 2 class to eat your lunch and sign in for attendance. Any questions please see Ms. Winstone.
- Attention to those students who tried out for flag football. The list of those students who made the team will be posted at second break at the intermediate doors. If your name is on the list please report to our first practice tomorrow morning at 8: am. Thank you to all of the students who tried out for the team. We hope that you continue to try out for other sporting activities at Birchview.
- There will be a sign-up for the boys volleyball team outside Mr. Besley’s classroom(room 135) today at first and second break.
- Recycling is cancelled today.
Friday September 19, 2014
- Attention all runners on the cross country team. There is a practice run today at 1st break. Grades 6, 7, and 8, please check in with Mr. McLean at 10:35 and start your run. Grades 4 and 5, check in with Ms. Duits and Ms. Tiessinga at 10:55 when you go outside. Remember that you need to participate in most or all practices to stay on the team. In the wise words of Mr. Brooks – quitters don’t run and runners don’t quit.
Thursday September 18, 2014
- Thank you to those who have brought in a donation for Terry Fox! You have until next Tuesday to bring in a donation, as our annual Terry Fox Run will be held that day at 2 o’clock.
- The following announcement is brought to you by the Birchview Dunes Eco Team. Mrs. White’s class stepped up to the plate this week to tie Mrs. Tiessinga’s class with 4 Waste Free Lunches. They will share the Earth Protector trophy this week. In primary, Mr. Brook’s class blew away the competition with 7 lunches. and takes home the Eco Kids Trophy. In Junior, many classes are hot on the heels of Mrs Duits, with 9 garbageless lunches. And, the Intermediate tiebreaker between Mr. Pike and Mrs. Ewaskiw, for the Eco Warrior Trophy, goes to Mrs. Ewaskiw’s class, because Mrs. Ewaskiw herself brought a Waste Free Lunch, bringing her total to 4. That’s right Birchview, teachers count too. Please direct any appeals to Mr. Pinkerton. Buy bulk and get packing Birchview!
- Intermediate girls that made the basketball team are asked to return their permission forms to Mr. Osborn on the tarmac during first recess today.
- Could all Peace Promoters please come to Ms. Winstone’s room at 10:35 for a brief meeting. Peace Promoters, Ms. Winstone’s room 10:35. Thank you.
Tuesday September 16, 2014
- Attention all cross country runners. Practices start tomorrow mornoing at 8:10. Only runners who have brought back their orange permission forms by Wednesday can come to the practice. Junior students should return the forms to Ms. Duits and intermediates should returnt their forms to Mr. McLean. You may also bring your form to the practice tomorrow. Let’s get running.
- Intermediate girls basketball tryouts continue today at 12:55 in the gym. Please see the list outside the gym doors of the girls invited to continue with tryouts. Only the girls on that list should come today. This will be the last tryout for intermediate girls basketball.
- Junior Girls basketball players are to return their permission forms to Mr. Osborn today at the start of the first nutrition break/recess (10:35). Practices start tomorrow for junior girls.
- Tomorrow is Waste Free Wednesday. Earn spirit points, win a trophy for your class, and help our environment at the same time by only using reusable containers for your lunch. So, get packing Birchview. Good luck!
Monday September 15, 2014
- Intermediate girls basketball tryouts continue today at second nutrition break (12:55). Please bring your lunches and indoor shoes.
- Junior girls basketball players must meet Mr. Osborn on the tarmac today at 10:35 (first break) for their permission forms.
- Attention Grade 7 & 8 Boys and Girls who are interested in trying out for Flag Football. Please come to the field at first break tomorrow (Tuesday). Please bring your lunch a proper gym attire so that you can participate. Mr. Edwards, Ms. Ewaskiw and Mr. Brooks will meet you on the field.
- Attention all cross country runners. Practices start on Wednesday morning at 8:10. Only runners who have brought back their orange permission forms by Wednesday can come to the practice. Junior students should return the forms to Ms. Duits and intermediates should return their forms to Mr. McLean. Let’s get running.
- Could all students in grade 7 and 8 who applied for leadership positions of emcee and morning announcements please come to Mrs. Dea’s room first break today to tryout.
- Did you know that Terry Fox ran an average of a marathon, or 42 km every day for 143 days in a row? Please remember to bring in those donations as Birchview’s Terry Fox Run is coming up on Tuesday, September 23rd. Thank you to those who have already done so, and to all staff for helping to collect and record donations.
Friday September 12, 2014
- Junior Girls Basketball tryouts continue today at 12:55 (second break). Only the girls listed on the gym doors from grades 4-6 should come to today’s tryout. Thank you to all the girls that came out. Please remember to sign up for intramural basketball in the winter. Also, intermediate girl’s basketball tryouts continue next week on Monday.
- Remember to set your kool-aid jammers aside for Mr. Brooks. He is still collecting jammers this year and is nearing 40 000 jammers collected. You can send then to room 217 at the end of the each day or call his room and some of his students will come by and pick them up.
- All students to signed up for this year’s emcee’s and morning announcements needs to come to Mrs. Dea’s room on Monday second break for tryouts.